Mediterranean Security & Rule of Law Course
Come to the heart of the Mediterranean and learn about the evolving security agenda and the importance of the rule of law…
• Gain a multi-faceted perspective on challenges, threats, and opportunities affecting the Mediterranean region, with a particular focus on the issue areas of migration, human security and terrorism.
• Examine key forces that shape the Mediterranean security landscape and the role that rule of law plays in underpinning security in the region.
• Sharpen your analytical skills and learn how your organization might best adapt and respond to ongoing challenges in the Mediterranean.
• Network and interact with a diverse array of policymakers, academics, government officials, and business executives.
Taught at the University of Malta by leading experts in the field, the Mediterranean Security & Rule of Law Course will provide participants with in-depth understanding of the various security challenges currently affecting the Mediterranean region, with a particular focus on the issue areas of terrorism, migration and human security. Apart from academic lectures, the course will also include simulation exercises, visits to international organizations, discussions with high-level policy makers, as well as visits to historical sites in Malta.
Announced Speakers – Click for more information
– Ambassador Hamid Boukrif, Director General for policy planning in the Algerian Ministry for Foreign Affairs
– Dr. Sajjan M. Gohel, International Security Director, Asia-Pacific Foundation
– Dr. Nassif Hitti, former representative of League of Arab States
– Mr. Hanif Qadir, PVE & CVE Expert, CEO of the Active Change Foundation in London
– Mr. Stefan Szepesi, Negotiation & Public Service
– Dr. Ahmed Bugri, Managing Director, Foundation for Shelter and Support to Migrants
– Mr. Kahin Ismail, UNHCR Representative to Malta
– EASO Representative
– Prof. Stephen Calleya, MEDAC, Director
– Dr. Derek Lutterbeck, MEDAC, Deputy Director
– Dr. Monika Wohlfeld, MEDAC, Holder of the German Chair in Peace and Conflict Prevention
– Mr. Thomas Wuchte, Executive Director, International Institute for Justice and the Rule of Law
Who is it for?
Policy-Makers • Officials working on Security Issues
Business Executives • NGOs • Academics
Students interested in Mediterranean & Global Affairs
Want to know more or have a question?
Contact us by email at IIJ_Events@theiij.org